Women love jewellery. They love to adorn themselves with it, be it a simple necklace and earrings or a more elaborate piece. Jewelry for women is such a personal thing; Which makes you feel beautiful and powerful, confident and attractive. Whenever you had any jewellery, it was very special for you. It could be your wedding band, your mother’s earrings or anything else. Jewellery is the perfect finishing touch to any look whether it is a recent purchase or a 100-year-old family heirloom. A piece of jewellery can be a sign of a certain stage in your life or it often carries sentimental value, whatever the reason. Here are some rules on how to take care of your precious accessory that has sentimental value so that you can enjoy it for many years to come.
Jewellery is meant for wear only, but wearing it repeatedly can cause it to break or get damaged. The more you wear it the worse it gets. So just take a look and save your jewellery from dying.
- Keep your jewelry away from getting wet as water may crack or stain or lose shine.
- Don’t wear your jewellery every day Rotate the jewellery so that it doesn’t break easily or lose its luster.
- Take off your jewellery before sleeping Many people do this but forget to take it off before swimming, gardening, cleaning, and playing sports. Make sure you are not wearing any of your accessories before doing all these activities.
- Never use toothpaste. Use dishwashing soap and warm water to keep your jewellery shining.
- Try not to leave your accessories in the sun as the color of the gemstone will fade and turn black.
Now we should talk about how to store the jewellery
- Wipe down your jewellery every time you remove it as accessories tend to accumulate dirt and when you leave them like that it increases the process of deterioration.
- Keep your jewelry away from wood as they tend to stain and make them dull, also keep the wind out as dirt and moisture can travel through the air. So keep it in a low-ventilated container and add chalk or silica paper to absorb the moisture.
- Store different types of jewellery separately because when different types of materials come in contact with each other without any hindrance they can get scratched and discolored or turn black.
- You should always travel with your jewellery case as this will keep them safe.